As all of you know by now Windows Live Installer does not work behind proxies and this caused many of us who are forced to work behind proxies in work or university to look for standalone installers. This solution worked for a while before the standalone installers suddenly vanished and looking for new ones every time a product got updated is a major pain.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
Unfortuanatly, Google decided to step on the hearts of thier fans and stop development on Google Browser Sync and even stopping the service by the end of 2008. source
Don't cry your eyes out, there is still some hope. Mozilla is working on "Mozilla Weave" which will feature almost all the features that Google Browser sync had. To add icing on top of the cake it is updated to FF3 and would lunch for public testing on Friday 20th June 2008. learn more
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Fortunately there is still some hope, www.filehippo.com to the resuce. Just go there and search for your favorite freeware and you'll get all the standalone installers you need.
Example: Windows Live Messenger Standalone
Sunday, December 9, 2007
As I'm graduating from university pretty soon. It is necessary that I pass the knowledge I gained to the new generation. Don't think I'll give some study tips or anything like that. Instead I'll be focusing on the situation where you have to guess MCQs (happens all the time for me).
Lots of students go about guessing in different ways. The obvious way is to guess the same letter for all the questions that you don't know i.e all A's or B's etc. However this technique doesn't work when the number of questions you have to guess is small and non continuous.
Informed Guess Explanation:
After long discussions with fellow Informed Guess (IG) users (a.k.a my roomate), we have finally came to the General Formula for Informed Guesses. The formula goes this way:
1. Choose some kind of lyrics or childish song you used to like when you were a child. It has to be short so you don't waste much time. Examples) 7agrah Bagrah, Einy Meny etc..
2. Compute the starting choice by this equation
S = (Q mod N)+1 where
S is the starting choice number
Q is the question number
N is the number of choices (after elimination if you happen to know anything about the question)
mod is the remainder operation 1 mod 5 is 1 and 7 mod 5 is 2.
3. Apply the lyrics to the choices using 1 word for each choice starting from the choice number you got from step 2.
4. Circle the choice where the rhythm ends.
Q8. Do you think this article is useful?
A. Yes B. No C. Can't decide. D. I haven't read it.
E. choice D doesn't make sense since you are reading this.
To answer the question above (if you don't know the answer of course) let's follow the steps:
1. I choose a 4 word lyrics (undisclosed for security reasons).
2. S = (8 mod 5)+1 => S = 4.
3. I start from choice D going 4 steps since the lyrics is 4 words.
4. I circle choice C.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Blogged with Flock
Sunday, November 18, 2007
- Click on the answer that best defines the word.
- If you get it right, you get a harder word. If wrong, you get an easier word.
- For each word you get right, we donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program.
Blogged with Flock