Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Summer Camp: WPF + VS2008 beta (Part 0)

As I am done with my summer training work and quite bored with World of Warcraft at the moment. I started reading a nice book "Windows Presentation Foundation: Unleashed". I also downloaded Visual C# Express 2008 beta. My aim is to get a command of the new WPF approach to developing .NET applications. I will be making a series of tutorials here so stay tuned.. :D

WPF is the new user interface development model used in .NET 3.0 and beyond. It is based on XAML (pronounced Zamil) which is an XML based language for defining the various aspects of the user interface declaratively.

The great thing about WPF applications is that you can port them straight forward to be run within a web browser. The user has to have .NET Framework 3.0 installed.

to be continued....

No comments: